Share your Gi2C China experience and win $1,000 this summer!
Purpose: In order to build a bridge between cultures, share information and unite interns from all over the world, the “Gi2C Share” contest invites all current Gi2C interns to share their experience in China via social media.
Duration: The first contest began May 1, 2015 and ended May 31, 2015. Our May winner was Arion Franklin! The next contest is seasonal instead of monthly in order to allow our Gi2C interns more time to register and is active from June 1, 2015 until August 31, 2015. The deadline to enter the summer contest is August 10, 2015.
Prize: USD$1000 (transferred to the winner’s PayPal account within 7 days after contest completion)
How to Enter?
- Be a registered Gi2C intern that is currently located in China during the contest time.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org before the 10th of the final month of the season with links to the social media you are going to use for the contest. For example:
- Make your email subject “Gi2C Share Contest – your name”.
What to do?
- Make sure all of your social media profiles are set to public otherwise the judging team will be unable to see your posts.
- Share your China life and internship experiences and pictures at least 3 times per week via social media.
- Use the following 6 hashtags every time post: #gi2c, #gi2creview, #gi2cintern, #gi2cexperience, #gi2cgroup, #gi2cshare.
Gi2C Contest Judges will rate each entrant based on the following 4 criteria:
- Frequency: post every day to increase your chances of winning
- Usability: post useful, accurate, and appropriate information about your internship and China experience
- Creativity: post unique and interesting content across multiple social media platforms
- Popularity: make sure your posts get as many likes and shares as possible
For bonus points: Post weekly on your current blog or start a new one (common blog sites such as Livejournal, Tumblr, Blogger, Medium, Wordpress). Video blogs on Youtube are also acceptable. You can also email a blog article to email@example.com and we will post it to a blog site for you.
Terms and Conditions
- All entrants must be current Gi2C interns located in China at the same time as the contest duration.
- Winners will be notified by the form/method of contact they provided when they initially entered the contest. If the winner does not respond to the notification within: a) three (3) business days for contests entered via email, b) twenty-four (24) hours for contests entered via social media, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frames listed above shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
- Gi2C may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of all photos, drawings, text, and any other content or information (collectively called “Materials”) that you submit to Gi2C in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
- By submitting Materials to Gi2C, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to Gi2C free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- You acknowledge and agree that Gi2C shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials that you submit.
- You acknowledge and agree that Gi2C may make Materials that you submit available for public viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to Gi2C. By submitting Materials to Gi2C, you waive any privacy expectations that you might have with respect to the Materials.
- You agree to hold Gi2C and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature that arise in connection with Gi2C’s use of the Materials submitted to Gi2C and used in any manner in Gi2C’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
- Neither Gi2C nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winner’s use of a prize. Gi2C is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by Gi2C.
- Contest is null and void in any jurisdiction where it is prohibited by law.
- Gi2C reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate the contest at any time without prior notice.
- Gi2C reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter contest rules at any time.
- By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to that contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
- The winners are selected on the basis of being the person to complete a stated action. The winner shall be that person provided that he or she validly completes the action (shared entry via social media not less than 3 times per week during his or her internship program), validity being determined by Gi2C, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the contest other than fees entrants have already paid to participate in one of the internship programs Gi2C provides.
- Gi2C reserves the right to condition the award of prizes upon the execution of a publicity release by the winner(s). Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant for Gi2C to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by Gi2C, unless prohibited by law.
- Gi2C reserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.
- Entrants are only eligible to win once per calendar year.
- In case in the event there are not enough eligible entries (less than 5 for a season), no prize will be awarded.