Art Gallery Assistant Internship in Beijing http://www.gi2c.org/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/250x200s/fe/80/30/375-art-gallery-assistant-internship-in-beijing-71-1385715583.png Hot
This a great international opportunity to learn and network within China’s diversified art and cultural community in the famous 798 Art District of Beijing. Learn about the local and national art markets of China, the auction and private sale markets, appraisals, pricing, and marketing of fine and commercial art works. Meet the movers and shakers of China’s art world and maybe you soon be working with one before becoming one yourself! This gallery is one of the largest and best known in China.
About the Company
Over the past five decades, the gallery has mounted more than 700 exhibitions, including scholarly shows that have subsequently travelled to museums, and has published nearly 400 exhibition catalogues. Today the gallery has seven locations worldwide: four in New York, two in London, and a gallery in Beijing.
1. Assist with preparations for gallery exhibitions, including taking down and sorting out the works from prior exhibitions, sorting new artworks for display, assisting with the artworks currently on display, cleaning the Gallery and other preparation tasks as requested.
2. Handle sales and answer questions about the Gallery and its artworks.
3. Greet and assist visitors to the Gallery.
4. Assist with sponsorship solicitations.
5. Work with the Gallery Coordinator for all graphic design needs within the Gallery including signage, graphic displays, advertisements and special event invitations.
6. Distribute press releases for gallery exhibitions.
7. Work with the vendors/staff to set prices for products for sale in Gallery.
8. Perform other duties in supporting the organization.
- Good level of English.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Excellent communication, administrative and customer service skills and driving passion for the arts.