Finance Assistant Internship http://www.gi2c.org/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/250x200s/3a/6b/31/547-finance-assistant-internship-87-1431153339.jpg Hot
You will be reporting directly to the CEO
Finance and accounting interns play a supportive role to the CEO and financial advisors to manage financial operations, forecasting, financial modeling and fundraising. Between our CEO and advisors we have over 70 years of finance experience.
About the Company
We are also committed to giving back to our community. We donate a portion of profits to our non-profit partner. We also offer trainings to our producers and buy at fair trade prices. We also advocate organic farming in every way possible and choose products with minimal impact on local ecology. We see ourselves as a business in support of rural incomes and biodiversity in poor rural areas.
We put quality first. Taste, purity, careful cultivation, protecting our environment and supporting our farmers are all crucial parts of this quality. We love our products and hope you do too.
Our products are distributed in over 10 cities. Our client portfolio includes companies such as Microsoft, Unilever, Sodexo, the Mandarin Oriental and the Four Seasons. We have developed over 150 sales channels in the areas of hotels, offices and grocery stores.
The social impact of our company positively benefited 1000 farmers in rural area. We are looking for actively engaged interns that are ready to make significant contributions.
1. Assist with weekly financial reporting:
Our finance personnel do the weekly reporting of income and expense. We have a detailed report that measures progress of the company. Our reporting includes a breakdown of unit sales and client accounts, cash budget, income statement, yearly summary etc. You will familiarize with a FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company’s report. You will work alongside our personnel to assist with this reporting.
2. Assist managing cash budget, balance sheets, P&L analysis:
The intern will help review and troubleshoot the weekly, monthly and annual reporting. This work includes reconciling differences with cash budget and balance sheet, unit sales and income statement.
3. Editing of operations and sales reports:
Our weekly reports include the financial report called the operations report and the sales report which tracks sales from clients. The intern will assist in troubleshooting and proof reading these reports to make sure there are no mistakes and information is accurate.
4. Assist in Fundraising Process and Materials:
We are currently raising its’ Series A round. Fundraising materials include Financial Projections, Past Financials, Investor Presentation and Business Plan. The intern will be involved in all or part of this work according to their capabilities and interest. Main responsibilities will be helping CEO with financials projections, summaries, conversion between currencies, updating past financial into an accurate summary for investors to review. The intern will get a chance to review and familiarize themselves with the company’s investment materials and learn about the investment process.
5. Assist with Quarterly financial reports to investor:
Every Quarter we must make a summary of the quarter’s progress. This Report includes the cash budget, income statement, marketing and sales progress and general achievements. The intern will be involved in help to consolidate this material from the Marketing, Sales and Financial Personnel and putting information into template to give to the CEO to present to investors.
6. Office administration support:
We are a natural products company; the administrative work supports the company’s day-to-day operations. As needed, the intern will help the administrative work in the company as related to finance. Examples of this can be making a budget for tasks, sourcing and comparing pricing and helping with ingoing and outgoing expenses;
7. Involved with the day to day operations of the office:
Our main efforts in Beijing are with marketing and sales. The intern will have a chance to get involved with our team members. This will be a great chance to use any Chinese knowledge you may have. Examples of this work can be ingoing and outgoing deliveries, assisting in preparing orders, participating in company events for marketing and sales and other work as assigned.
8. Other tasks as assigned during the internship.
• Socially Responsible business Models,
• Natural Products of FMGC (Fast Moving Consumer Goods),
• China (Beijing and Yunnan),
2. Fluent English required (basic Chinese skills are a plus);
3. Minimum 3-6 month commitment to internship;
4. Enthusiastic and self-motivated;
5. Hardworking and ready to take leadership over responsibilities;
6. Relevant Financial or Business Degree, at least going into 3rd year of the university;
7. Basic Financial Knowledge necessary;
8. Financial work experience is mandatory;
9. Outgoing, ready to meet people;
10. Good attitude and ready to contribute to work;
11. Self-starter, can do tasks independently and produce good level of results.